Speed dating southport sex dating in san marcos texas
Lewis Electruks were built by TH Lewis Ltd of Watford, a company closely associated with London's Express Dairy Company.
Lewis began building milk floats, milk carts and horse-drawn vehicles for Express Dairies in 1873, and the business became a limited company in 1899.
In 1936, they became part of the business group Associated Electric Vehicle Manufacturers Limited (AEVM), but during the Second World War, few electric vehicles were built, due to a shortage of materials, and they ceased producing them in 1944.
Graiseley Electric Vehicles were produced in Wolverhampton by Diamond Motors Ltd, a company which previously had made motorcycles, and which bought the sidecar business from AJS when that company was liquidated in 1931.
In 1940, Brush required some small electric tractor units, but as none were commercially available, they asked AE Morrison and Sons to produce a design for one.
Morrisons produced a 3-wheeled design, which Brush then used to manufacture a number of units for internal use.
Brush Electrical Engineering Company had been established in 1889, and had manufactured electric cars between 19.
They then began selling them to customers, shipping a large order to Russia in 1941.
They expanded to producing battery electric road vehicles in 1945, In early 1949, they reduced the prices of their electric vehicles by around 25 per cent, in an attempt to make them more competitive with petrol vehicles.
It continued to make trucks for a variety of industries, until it was bought for almost twice its share value by Fred W Davies, a Canadian who owned the Davies Magnet Group and York Trailers, in 1987.
Production moved to Corby, but the venture was short-lived, and it was sold again to M&M Electric Vehicles of Atherstone in 1989.
They were once common in many European countries, particularly the United Kingdom, and were operated by local dairies.